Skip to main content

FEUD: an adventure of war and revenge. KICKSTARTER Campaign announcement

In the shadow of the mountain of a forgotten god, people awake to a new horror. Blood-feud has arisen between two villages. It will trigger schemes and treachery, ambitions and hopes among the various peoples, monsters and gods of this land.

You can now follow the Kickstarter campaign for my first print product: FEUD, an RPG adventure of War and Revenge. The Kickstarter is funding to pay for a print run for the 60 page zine. It will go live September 18th 2023.

FEUD is a system-neutral adventure set in a low fantasy, dark age setting. Players will take on the role of ordinary people faced with a terrible situation. A blood feud has come and the players will need to use their skills in combat, tactics and political ingenuity to protect themselves and their loved ones. 

This is my first attempt into producing a product applying the principles of RPG design that I have been developing over the last few years. With editing help from the incomparable Matthew K, I feel that I have created an adventure that will inspire exciting play however you use it.

The Story and Setting

FEUD takes you to a dark, forested corner of the old north. A balance has existed in this land for generations: two halls have guarded an ancient trade route and grown rich off its bounty. Envious eyes from outside have long looked for a way in.

Between two neighbouring communities a blood feud emerges when a young person's death is answered with murder rather than justice. The blood feud must grow and in the ensuing conflict the motivations and schemes of humans, monsters and gods will be unleashed.

Part of The Rook's Cradle - the land of FEUD

Art and Design

I (Jonny) wrote, did the layout and the majority of the art for this game. My approach throughout was for clarity in the presentation and an approach to the art that was evocative and inspiring for your own play.

In the writing, I wanted an approach that was part of the growing movement of prose-based RPGs, with the work of people like Zedeck Siew and Luke Gearing standing out as influences. However, I also want it to be a usable document from the moment you pick it up, and Matthew K's editing made sure that happened.

A mock-up a spread on Monsters

FEUD is illustrated throughout with original hand-cut lino prints that I made on my kitchen table. The original print runs of these will be available as add-ons as part of the Kickstarter campaign. 


Follow now

I think (though perhaps I'm biased) that FEUD is an adventure that is always going to inspire interesting gameplay and stories when used.

If you think you would like to support the creation of this game, please consider following the Kickstarter campaign. I will be blogging more about this game each week until the Kickstarter goes live.

I will also be sharing elements of it on my TikTok (@TheWyrdRPG).





Comments